Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Fourth of July?

Let's just say that my Fourth of July was not the best I've ever had.

The day got off to a not-so-good start when it turned out that the Hamachi client that I installed on my dad's computer to try out Network Games in LF2.5 had opened the door to a score of viruses. The computer got so screwed up that we had to restore it from a backup. Fortunately, our weekly backups take place on Monday evenings, so we didn't lose anything. In retrospect, we were incredibly lucky - we didn't lose any data at all. However, we still have a lot of work ahead of us, in restoring all the files - the backup wasn't complete, so we have to carefully copy files from the old hard drive to the new one.

That's the last time I use Hamachi.

After this uhh ... incident ... I had a doctor's appointment, due to some neck pain I've been having. Doctor says: physical therapy for eight weeks, and twelve Advils a day. Doctor, isn't this taking it a little too seriously?? It's just a little neck pain, and you're prescribing twice the recommended daily dose of Ibuprofen. Side effects here I come...

Afterwards, there was a party, where my friends and I entertained ourselves by making homemade videos on my cellphone. I'd post them here, but messaging is not included in my plan, and I imagine emailing a video to myself would be rather costly.

So yeah, that was my Fourth of July.

No comments: