The reason that I haven't been posting much for ... I dunno, last three weeks or so ... is that I had to study my tuchus off for them midterm exams. Now that this week is finally over, and I have a three day weekend with (virtually) no homework, I feel relieved, to say the least. Now I finally have the energy to devote to other things, which I may describe in later posts. Meanwhile, I gotta go enjoy my freedom while I still can.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Sunday, January 07, 2007
[00:24] Alex: don't tell me you're up at this hour?
[00:24] Bob: go to sleep
Well, my parents are at a wedding (my second cousin, who, for some reason, forgot to invite me), and I assume that it's common courtesy to stay up until they get back (am I right? :P). So, seeing how it's the new year, let me take this time to reflect on the year 2006.
Uh-oh. I just realized I can't remember back that far. Curse my complete lack of any long-term memory!
Well, let me try something a bit easier: can I look back on winter break? After all, school starts again this Monday.
Let's see, this winter break I managed to:
- - Find a long-lost (as in, never before heard of) relative (most likely).
- - Do most of my homework before the last day. (Guys, I'm serious!)
- - Wade through A Tale of Two Cities and work on finishing up my Strugatsky collection.
- - See Everything is Illuminated, My Cousin Vinny, Glengarry Glen Ross, and A Prairie Home Companion, and enjoy all of them except the last one (no matter how charming the subject matter, the lack of any coherent plotline is never a good sign)
- - Discover some new music, none of it any good. Well, maybe that's a bit harsh, some of it was OK, maybe even a few gems. OK, lemme rephrase that: "Discover some new music." Better =)
- - (Re)discover Chip's Challenge and Cosmic Encounter Online, and proceed to get addicted to both of them, primarily the second (though the first has its merits too, in a retro sort of war).
- - Try to do a bit of math studying, and fail miserably (but I'm not giving up! ... yet)
- - Get all the guitar accessories I needed, and begin learning guitar in my free time.
- - Promise to write a blog post every day, and then proceed to write 3 or 4 total.
- - Fail to even start working on the personal website that I hoped to finish by the end of winter break.
- - Eat a lot of muffins (and not sprain my elbow doing so, if anyone's wondering *cough*bob*cough*)