Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yet Another LF2.5 Post

Marshall, the developer of LF2 CE, has notified me that he will be encrypting the much-anticipated next version of CE, so that the source code cannot be copied. Guess that all that waiting was for nothing.

One problem that has to be addressed is how my mod will be different from LF2 CE. Well,

* My mod includes all LF2 characters that do not have CE equivalents, so that it's possible to play Stage, Battle, etc. I'm not sure if this feature is available in CE.
* LF2.5 will have several (5+ is my goal) characters that are neither from LF2 nor CE.
* Guns. 'Nuff said.

But seriously, my game is becoming a little too similar to CE. So, I think it's probably a good thing that I won't be able to use the final version of CE in LF 2.5 - this gives me room to be creative (the non-encrypted version of CE only has about 10 characters).

At the moment I'm trying to find some fun and unique characters. You can help! Simply follow this link, find the character download section, try out some characters, and tell me what you like - if I accept your character(s) of choice you'll be listed in the credits!

No comments: